Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oops I'm In India!

Just kidding actually! But I did go to Brighton this past weekend where I went to the Royal Pavilion. The Royal Pavilion is probably the most xenophobic piece of architecture ever produced by the British Empire. The palace is a Hindu-gothic styled palace inspired by what the perception perceived by British society in the early 19th century. The palace I will admit though is magnificent with massive chandeliers and ball rooms. The rest of Brighton is this charming European beach city with idyllic cobble stoned streets and cafes and has an old time carnival pier. It's like Miami with Class instead of trash. As for school it is seemingly becoming more and more ridiculous! My classes do not run a traditional semester, no, in 3 weeks two of my lecture series will be done and all I will have left is 5 hours worth of class per week the rest of the time is for our independent projects which will be done well before the last day of class. I feel i may take up a hobby, maybe knitting. I may volunteer too, surely that can't be illegal on my visa! Other than that I have kept my life to bare minimum excitement in order to recover from the last month of extravagance. Well TTFN (ta ta for now) =]

1 comment:

  1. I love that you used "xenophobic". I'm going to have to alert your former SS teachers that you learned something.

    ReplyDelete