Monday, February 20, 2012

All sorts of sick

Yes I knows its been a while since I have written a new post and you all have been on the edge of your seats. I visited Jessica last weekend we went to Coventry and walked around, and also went to this magnificent ruin of one of the greatest homes in England called Witley Court, which caught fire back in the late 30's and was stripped and left as a shell. Now owned by the English Heritage its gardens and fountains have been restored and has a beautiful contrast between the ruins of palace and the refined gardens. Nothing terribly exciting school wise has happened within the past two week, just adjusting details with BBC and a few other projects. As for my social life, Thursday night all of us foreign exchange student (the future United Nations) went to a toga party. We were the classiest looking Greeks, as I designed the togas. Then on Friday I came down with a cold, probably from running around Portsmouth in nothing but a toga. Over the weekend I went to London with some friends, I had a great weekend, but as my life goes there is always some drama! As I don't exactly travel lightly I brought a suitcase which I kept at the hotel the day we checked out. Well thanks to the Olympics London is giving itself a face lift and remodeling all the tubes. So every other tube line was shut down, once I finally made it to my hotel and got back on the train and got to the station I missed by bus back to Portsmouth. I then went to the train station and bought a ticket and seeing as how it was last minute and I was desperate they were able to charge be £31.80, normally it costs £12.50. Southern Railways shall expect a letter of complaint. Anyways once I made that train, I had to change trains, thanks to whosoever divine sense of humor I missed my connecting train and got to wait 30 minutes at England's sketchiest train station! That's when my first bit of home sickness kicked in, but after a good nights sleep and being back in Portsmouth I'm back to my normal self. I am still sick though but I can feel it clearing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment