Sunday, March 18, 2012

Eggs N' No Kegs

As per special request I will be highlighting on St. Patty's Day, UK style. I'm sure most of you remember the infamous Kegs N' Eggs Riots last year in DT Albany, if you don't, go on youtube and look it up. Seeing as I am in the kingdom responsible for St. Patty's Day I thought they would put America to shame, thankfully I did not put money down on my hypothesis. St. Patty's Day here, well at least in Portsmouth seems to be nonexistent. There is no green beer, no excess of green clothing, no riots, nothing. It actually seemed like a quieter night. I didn't add to the spirit as the strongest drink I had last night was apple juice. As for the rest of my week we had our first day of shooting for the BBC project on the Isle of Wight. We started filming at the vintage steam railway which dates back to the reign of Queen Victoria, they actually have the train coach she used to travel in when she would come to her palace on the isle. The Isle of Wight also is like a miniature England. The center of isle reminds me of the midlands in England and as you go towards the coast it mirrors England's coast especially in the town of Ryde which is like a mirror image of Brighton. We still have a few more days of shooting to accomplish before we go into a post production edit. My radio show is coming along nicely too, just have to do a few interviews and finish up my portfolio and it will be time to go off the air. It's been a very low key week in Portsmouth and the weather has been amazing, definitely not your typical English spring. As it is Mum's Day in the UK, I would like to wish my mum a happy Mother's Day and I lover her very much and I can't wait until I see her next week!!!! Until Next time!

1 comment:

  1. Paddynotpatty.com, in our 'kingdom' northern Ireland makes up only a small portion of the British isles, each country has its own patron saint, so that could be why its not so popular.

    ReplyDelete