Sunday, April 22, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane, I Do Know when I'll Be Back Again!

Where to begin? Well, These past two weeks back in New York have been a whirl wind. Coming home from a long period abroad is the weirdest thing. When people ask you, "How is it over there? Are you having a great time?" To try and explain to people such a massive part of your life in sentences is one of the hardest things about coming home. The other thing that was foreign was how little peoples lives had changed but for me, my entire life had changed, it's an describable feeling, at times you almost feel like a stranger or foreigner yourself. It wasn't bad, it was just an adjustment! While I was home home I received my acceptance letter to one of the best journalism programs in the country. So come August, I will become a resident of Minneapolis. While home I was able to see some of my family, my best friend and so many other loved ones! Including my kitty cat, Mr. Shark; he could totally kick your cats ass. Mr. Shark thinks he's a dog. He eats dog food and rolls around in the drive away like our dog, I'm waiting for him to start chasing after sticks, or rocks. It was awesome to see the store and restaurant, and see how much they have grown and changed. Unfortunately I have no epic experiences to tell you. All I have is an update to tell you where I'm at, actually I don't even know. I think I'm somewhere on the Hudson River between Albany and Poughkeepsie. But I could be mistaken! With my life I'm sure I will have an epic tale once I'm Back in Portsmouth, maybe involving me fighting off dragons or finding Jimmy Hoffa's body. But until then your lives are probably more interesting than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment